Are you up for challenging the way we treat coffee waste ?
If you are passionate with circular economy, start ups and entrepreneurship, don’t miss this opportunity
Internship sustainable project manager CARE coffee
Do you like to work on a highly innovative, circular and sustainable project? Then CaffeInk is looking for you! This internship offers you ample opportunities to gain experience in an energetic start-up. You are part of our team and work on different project management aspects of our current research project called ‘CARE coffee’. Are you up for challenging the way we treat coffee waste?
CaffeInk gives a second life to coffee waste. We extract colorants/pigments from coffee waste and use them to produce a sustainable ink or paint. We started our journey in 2014 during a summer school and ever since our young team pursued the goal of using pigments from coffee waste in actual products.
A master student or (recent) graduate with:
- Interest in sustainability and the circular economy
- An analytical mindset
- Hands-on, flexible, creative, proactive and entrepreneurial
- (Applied) university background with good grades
- Experience showing you like to get things done (internships, board, committee work, etc.)
- Available in the period September – December 2019 for one day per week (start date flexible, ens date can be extended)
- Located in/around Amsterdam or willing to travel to our Amsterdam office (student OV-card is a plus)
- Next to communication in English, Dutch is required for this position as well
Next to a decent internship allowance we offer:
- An important role within our CARE-coffee project
- An independent position with ample space for initiative
- A dynamic, flexible and informal way of working in a young start-up environment
- A valuable experience for any management position later on
Are you interested?
Want to contribute to circularity in the coffee and colorants world? We would like to receive your CV and cover letter via email@example.com. More information via: Eline Leising (+316 15174576)
CARE coffee Project:
Our current research project is called CARE coffee: a Circular Approach for Recovering Extracts from coffee waste. Together with the circular star-up Spaak Circular Solutions we were awarded a subsidy for our project that looks at multiple extract streams that can be collected from coffee waste. The aim of the project is to design a biorefinery for coffee waste that combines the technicalities of extracting multiple components (such as colorants, oil or cellulose) technically but also in an economic viable way. The chemical experts and market experts are already on board, but we expect from you that you can relate to these different aspects and support in the general project management skills around marketing and communication, reporting on the project and securing our funding.